MMS and the FDA
If you have heard of MMS at any point then you have no doubt heard of the existing conflict between MMS and the
FDA. The current FDA website regarding the substance can actually be found at http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm220747.htm
and it has some rather interesting information regarding the substance. The following is a direct quote from the
The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus
juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water
treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting,
diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration.
Is there truth in this statement? Yes, it is true that chlorine dioxide is produced and many people have a
problem with the fact that a chlorine product is being released into their bodies. It should be noted that chlorine
dioxide is nothing like its cousin chlorine bleach. Chlorine dioxide, while perfectly capable of stripping
textiles, is not quite as potent in lower doses.
One thing not listed on the FDA website is the fact that chlorine dioxide is not safe for transport, and due to
its explosive nature, it is always manufactured on-site. It has been proven, however, that smaller quantities pose
no threat, and are therefore admissible as parts of the MMS treatment.
Where does this leave us? According to the FDA statement, we should
be running away from the MMS supplement or at least throwing it in the garbage, but there are those who believe
that the FDA is in the pocket of big pharma and is only trying to keep a potential AIDS remedy off the street. What
you believe however will be entirely up to you.
In the end, you have to make the choice. Will you use MMS and take the risks that come with it? Believe it or
not, many have used the MMS and found that it provides them with a sense of well-being unlike anything they've ever
felt, even though it does come with a few days of nausea. Many report that this is well worth it and they would do
it again if given the chance.
If the hype is to be believed, you are gaining a new lease on life, feeling the same energy as you might have
felt when you were a child or even a teenager. People have had mixed results with the MMS, and if you are feeling brave enough, then perhaps it is time for you to
have your own experience with MMS and see just where it takes you. It's hard to tell, but it might just give you
what you need.