MMS Used As a Chelation Agent
The first question that is likely to spring to mind now, is what exactly a
chelation agent is. As I am not a scientist, or at least a chemist, I take advantage of the definition,
which appears on the "Wikipedia" website:
"Chelants are chemicals that form soluble,
complex molecules with certain metal ions, inactivating the ions so that they cannot normally react with other
elements or ions to produce precipitates or scale."
Okay, now that we have that out of the way, let's see how this has anything to do
with illnesses and diseases. First and foremost, the scientific community tends to be in agreement that the vast
majority of diseases begin in a person's gut. In my mind, this seems completely feasible, considering the gut
incorporates the bowels, and as we all know, this is where all the body's waste material passes through. In other
words, this region of the body is literally crammed full of pathogens and other toxic substances.
Now, the active ingredient within MMS, which is
chlorine dioxide, just happens to be a very effective chelant, or if you like, a very good chelation
agent. Going back to the definition at the top of
the article, we can see that this means chlorine dioxide has a tendency to form complex molecules with certain
ions, and in so doing, those ions become deactivated. In other words, those ions which are deactivated, no longer
have to ability to react with other ions or molecules within the body.
Of course, on the surface, this would imply that chlorine dioxide could cause
mayhem in the body if it going around naturalizing everything it comes into contact with. Even though it sometimes
appears as though Mother Nature has a very twisted sense of humor, she shows us great kindness as well. One example
of this is the fact that virtually all know pathogens, as well as diseased tissue and etc. tend to have a pH lower
than 7. Why exactly is this peculiarity considered a display of kindness? In layman's terms, it's because the
chlorine dioxide molecules which are released into the bloodstream when you ingest MMS, will only react with
substances in this sort of pH range.
Anything with a pH higher than 7 is perfectly safe, thus meaning healthy tissue is
left well alone. To the contrary, when the chlorine dioxide molecules come across something within your body that
has a pH lower than 7, they immediately take on the role of chelants, thus meaning they begin forming very complex
molecules by stripping away a number of electrons from each of the opposing substances they come into contact with,
thereby rendering those otherwise harmful substances neutral. With the pathogens now unable to continue on their
destructive path, the body is able to expel them through the natural waste removal process.
So, while this has only been a very basic rundown with regards to MMS being used
as a chelation agent, it does help to explain just why MMS has become so well known, and so highly